Friday 18 December 2015

Happy Holidays And Some Recipe Suggestions For Feasting!



Hi! I'm now working from Wordpress. I've edited all my recipes there, reformatted it so that it is much easier to read & follow. This link will take your directly to my newest and old recipes, click:

Happy Holidays!
It's time to take a break from writing and start preparing year-end festive dinners, lunch, tea and cocktails for the expected larger number of family and friends who will be coming through my doors before the year is over. 

Lots of preparation and work involved but I have things pretty much organised. My Christmas tree is all dressed up and as you can see, the dog approves. 

The rest of the house still needs some kind of adornment but the mango tree has been attended to and it has been strung up with meteor shower rain lights. It is so pretty. They look like shooting stars. 

I completed my gift purchasing and wrapping in record time... 3 days. Yet, I believe I have done a better job this year with matching the gift to the person. 

I hope you have a slew of wonderful meals to look forward to and wouldn't it be even more wonderful if most of them were home cooked food prepared by someone else!

Happy Holidays and stay safe.

Try out some holiday recipes:

Braided Stollen With Three Logs Of Marzipan
Cheese Board And Antipasto Platter
Chinese Candied Sesame Walnuts
My 3 refreshing coolers!
I am always impressed when I step into someone's home and find that the host/hostess has gone through the effort to prepare a special cocktail or a drink for teetotallers. 

1. Osmanthus & Apricot Drink With Konjac Jelly (konnyaku)
2. Zingy Mint, Lime & Lemongrass Infused Cooler
3. Frozen Red Raspberry Fizzy (my favourite)

Gingerbread Cookies Made With Gula Melaka

I do bake these Checkerboard Cookies to give away. They are hugely popular and keep well.
Easier to bake would be my Buttery Butter Cookies
or my dark chocolate tasting crisp Chocolatey Chocolate Cookies
and for a cookie that would surprise your guests, try my Crisp Lemon Biscuits, it would make anyone's lips pucker.
There is nothing like Iced Lemon Tea With Oomph!



No comments:

Post a Comment